Wednesday 8 April 2015

Rough beginnings

Mondays activity.

On Monday I had the opportunity to start a drawing I hope to use in a later portrait. The left hand side is a good friend of mine and marvellous artist in the academic tradition Andrew Bonneau.
At this early stage of the drawing there is still a great deal of adjustment still to be done but I am nevertheless quite pleased with the results thus far. Andrew was himself drawing at the same time and this drawing indicates something the intense concentrated effort which characterises his working style and it must be the said the concentrated beauty of the results as well. However his brother dropped in and I managed to get to decent sort rough sketch of him done before I had to leave, I hope that this drawing shows something of his relaxed though thoughtful nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment